INVESTORS TO-DO LIST
Buyers 12 Step Guide to Keys
1. Determine a budget, talk to a great lender and get Your Pre-Approval Letter
- Make sure we are set up to compete against multiple offers if they occur.
2. Have a discussion together and define exactly what you’re looking for.
3. Set up an automatic search with the criteria we come up with.
4. Set appointments to view favorite properties.
5. Prepare Your Offer
- Check the Comparable Sales for the Area Near Your Home
- Submit Your Offer, Pre-Approval and Proof of Funds to the Listing Agent
6. Once Offer is Accepted
- Deposit Earnest Money with Escrow Company
- Lock-in Your Interest Rate with Your Loan Officer
7. Begin Due Diligence Period
- Order Home Inspection report
- Order any other Inspections that you may have concerns about
- Review current lease and tenant payment history
- Review Seller disclosures, sign and return to sellers agent
- Review Title Report
- Investigate the neighborhood, HOA, schools, surrounding area, etc..
8. After all Due Diligence is completed
- Submit to seller any requests for repairs or price adjustments.
- Occurs after all Due Diligence is completed
- It is ordered by Loan Officer
- Address any issues if present
- Review Estimated Closing Statement (Breakdown of all fees)
10. Final Walk Through
- 1-4 days before close of escrow
11. Loan Documents
- Lender orders final loan docs
- Sign at Settlement
- Confirm Funding & Recording
12. BECOME THE NEW OWNER!!